Please read this Privacy Statement carefully. By accessing or utilizing services of Lawry’s HK on Lawrys.com.hk or its Facebook Page (collectively, “this Website”) means that you have accepted the terms of this Privacy Statement. If you are unwilling to be bound by the following terms, please do not use this Website. If you have completed any form via this Website and pressed the button “Submit”, it indicates that you have read and understood this Privacy Statement and agreed to how personal data are collected and used as provided in this Privacy Statement. Lawry’s HK reserves the right to change or modify the contents of this Website at any time and unilaterally change this Privacy Statement without notification. You should regularly check whether this Privacy Statement has been modified via this Website, as your continued use of this Website indicates your acceptance of any change to this Privacy Statement. However, if the modification might materially affect the way we use or disclose your information (including your personal data) (“Data”), we will ask for your consent prior to any modified use. “You”, “members” and “users” refer to any person that accesses this Website for any reason.
1. Collection of Data and its purposes
When you use this Website to register for Lawry’s VIP Rewards, apply to become a member, update your profile, submit application, make inquiry and/or otherwise use the services provided on or via this Website, you may have to provide to Lawry’s HK your Data including but not limited to your name, contact details, email address and Facebook ID. You agree to provide to Lawry’s HK such information voluntarily. You agree and understand that any and all of the Data you provided to Lawry’s HK would be collected and used as follows:
- for verification of identity and record;
- for displaying on the membership portal when you use this Website, the Internet and other channels in managing your Data;
- for analysis and for comparison with others’ Data in order to develop Lawry’s HK products or services and market promotion programs;
- for communicating with you about purchases, program participation, membership (including but not limited to information on membership program, VIP Rewards point balance and membership renewal) and promotional offers for members;
- for communicating with you about promotional offers in relation to food, beverage and catering services provided by Lawry’s HK, its affiliated companies and business partners in joint promotions;
- for storing communication contacting details;
- for generating survey on user traffic on this Website;
- for processing of your orders and service requests;
- for collecting payment, processing of any payment instructions and direct debit fees;
- for internal monitoring, including calculating any amount you should receive or owe, make payment to or request payment from you, and collecting any fees or enforcing guarantee granted to or granted by the users;
- for facilitating daily operation of your account; and
- for implementing your instruction, responding to your enquiries or those made in your name, and providing efficient and responsive service.
2. Direct marketing
After you have provided personal verifiable Data to Lawry’s HK, you may from time to time receive emails, telephone calls or direct mails containing direct marketing information on offers and promotions in relation to food, beverage and catering services provided by Lawry’s HK, its affiliated companies and business partners in joint promotions. In the event of joint promotions, the details of the joint promotions will be sent either by Lawry’s HK or its communications service providers but not by the joint promotion partner.
If you do not wish to receive any such direct marketing communications, whether or not you have consented to Lawry’s HK providing you such information, you can at any time send us your request with your name to Maxim’s Data Privacy Officer via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc. Lawryshk@maxims.com.hk, or by post to: Data Privacy Officer, 18/F, Maxim’s Centre, 17 Cheung Shun Street, Cheung Sha Wan, Kowloon, Hong Kong. Telephone: +852 2101 1333. If the request involves Lawry’s VIP Rewards, please also provide the membership number.
Please note that if you are a VIP Rewards member and you opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from us, Lawry’s HK will still send you membership communications (including but not limited to information on membership program and VIP Rewards point balance).
3. Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance
Lawry’s HK complies with Hong Kong laws including Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance in its policy and the ways it collects, uses, stores, discloses, transfers, protects and accesses Data.
4. Retention, storage and disclosure of Data
You acknowledge, agree and authorize Lawry’s HK to retain and store the Data you provided in one or more databases within or outside Hong Kong, and to provide, disclose, allow access and transfer such Data to:
- any employee of Lawry’s HK and its affiliated companies who are authorized to handle such Data for the purposes for which such Data are collected;
- any contractor or agent which provides administrative, telecommunication, computer, payment, insurance, professional or other services to Lawry’s HK and is engaged by Lawry’s HK for the purposes for which such Data are collected or relevant to the purposes for which such Data are collected;
- anyone that Lawry’s has to make disclosure to in accordance with the requirements of applicable laws, administrative policies or regulations;
- anyone who reasonably requires Lawry’s to make disclosure in order that Lawry’s HK can implement the purposes listed in this Privacy Statement.
You agree that Lawry’s HK can disclose your Data in the following reasonable and necessary circumstances:
- in compliance with relevant laws;
- to protect rights, properties or interests of Lawry’s HK, its affiliated companies, employees, agents, customers and users; or
- in compliance with this Privacy Statement.
Lawry’s HK specifically states herein that it has not and will not sell your Data. Lawry’s HK also will not provide, disclose, allow access and transfer your data to any third party other than the above. Lawry’s HK shall retain your Data after you have provided your Data via this Website. Your Data will be retained for not more than one year after your unsuccessful application for membership, the termination or expiration of your membership or the termination of the membership plan or the purpose for which you provided your Data, and thereafter erased.
5. Security of Data
Lawry’s HK will use various security technologies and procedures to protect your Data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Because of the nature of Internet, Lawry’s HK cannot guarantee the security on any transfer of Data. However, Lawry’s HK will take all practical and feasible measures to ensure any Data collected by this Website will not be intercepted by any third party. You must be clear that Lawry’s HK’s advertisers or any website with links to this Website may collect your Data. You must read the relevant privacy statements carefully before you provide your Data to them. Your provision of your Data to any third party has nothing to do with Lawry’s HK and Lawry’s HK will not have any responsibility for such. If Lawry’s HK receives relevant Data from a third party, it will retain the information in the usual strict secured and confidential standards.
6. Amendment to Data and contacting Data Privacy Officer
You are aware that according to Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to access your personal data held by Lawry’s HK and request amendment to your personal data. If you need to access your personal data held by Lawry’s HK, please send your request with your name to Maxim’s Data Privacy Officer via email at: email@example.com and cc. Lawryshk@maxims.com.hk, or by post to: Data Privacy Officer, 18/F, Maxim’s Centre, 17 Cheung Shun Street, Cheung Sha Wan, Kowloon, Hong Kong. Telephone: +852 2101 1333. If the request involves Lawry’s VIP Rewards, please also provide the membership number.
7. Cookies and third-party applications
8. Use of Web Beacons
Lawry’s HK may use Web Beacons on this Website or other websites and allow third party to place Web Beacons on this Website to monitor the effectiveness of promotion or other legal purposes. Web beacons are also called web crawler. It is an object that is embedded in a web page or email which allows checking by website owner or a third party on whether a user has viewed the page or email. It is usually invisible to the user as its size is generally very small (1x1 gif) and has the same color as the web page, document or email. Web Beacons are identified as HTML IMG on web pages. Users can click on the information option on the web page to find out whether Web Beacons are used on the web page. Web Beacons can link to personal information. For example, advertising network uses web beacons to add on personal information the web pages a person visited and based on such information to add a particular kind of advertising bars. Web beacons can also be used to independently track the number of people visiting the web site.
9. Links to third parties’ websites or applications
Please note that Lawry’s HK provides links to third parties’ websites or applications as a service to users or acknowledgement of the applications. Lawry’s HK is not responsible for the contents on such web pages or third-party applications or how information is collected. Lawry’s HK recommends you to read and understand the privacy measures of any such third parties website or applications before you submit any information to them.
10. Underage persons
This Website does not plan or intend to collect Data from underage below 18. To respect the privacy of underage, underage below 18 should not provide any Data via this Website. Lawry’s HK asks that parents monitor their children when they surf on the web.
© Lawry’s The Prime Rib, Hong Kong. October 2019